Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Grace

At church in the recent Sunday, Rev W.W. shared about the thorn in Paul's side and God's decision not to remove the source of torment, but to have it work its purposes in Paul's life and character. Additionally, God promised Paul that, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

I can't describe what I am doing through now as trials, but it is quite an ordeal for me to adjust the lack of control and focus that I am normally used to wielding. 

I'm endeavouring not to wallow in self-pity, but to embrace whatever comes by way, knowing that I have been blessed to great measure. 


Thank you, Lord,
for the trials that come my way.
In that way I can grow each day
as I let you lead,
And thank you, Lord,
for the patience those trials bring.
In that process of growing,
I can learn to care.

But it goes against the way
I am to put my human nature down
and let the Spirit take control of all I do.
'Cause when those trials come,
my human nature shouts the thing to do;
and God's soft prompting
can be easily ignored.

No comments: